Thursday, July 07, 2005

I’ve never done a blog before, nor do I read many. God gives me insights every once in a while which I just feel the need to share. I have no idea how often this will happen. Probably three times a week to start, but we’ll see where He takes us. I’m not a cream puff when it comes to my opinions or my faith. I’ll lay it out there and you have the ability to pray about it and search the Scriptures on your own to see what He will reveal. I don’t pull punches, nor apologize for the Truth of the Word. God wrote it for a reason. Seems to me we should pay attention whether we like what it says or not.

I’m a mom. I’m not a theologian, a pastor of a church, or even the member of a particular church. But I believe the Word of God speaks to all of us who read it with the spiritual eyes God’s given us.

Take my reading this morning for example in my translation of choice, the New American Standard Bible. Our pastor has been going through Corinthians. I was reading in Chapter 7:1-6, but also 6:16-20. The verse that jumped out at me was 4 – “The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does; and likewise also the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.”

Putting aside all the mess the Corinthians were in when it came to spiritual matters, God showed me something. Take a look at verse 20 of the previous chapter. “For you have been bought with a price; therefore glorify God in your body.”

What price? The price of the broken body of Jesus Christ on a cross. Our debt was paid with blood and death. My Groom, Jesus, died on that cross so that I could be free from all the things this body on earth tends to want to do. My Husband/Groom, gave up authority of His own body so He could fulfill the duty to me, His Bride/Wife.

Do we LIVE that way? Do we truly live as if we remember the price He paid for us? Do we even ask Him what we should do with our body today or do we blithely go about doing what we think is right and never look back? I have to admit my life falls more in the latter category than I’d like to believe.

Take back your “marriage” to Christ. Give back to Him the authority to tell you what to do today. Where to go, what to eat, when to sleep, who to speak to and what to say. Start small, He’ll meet you there. He promised.

In Christ,
A. M. Wilson
“Cease striving and KNOW that I AM GOD…” Psalm 46:10 NASV

No comments: